Sunday, February 19, 2012

Chinese Hot Pot Recipe???




Living in the United States, with totally different culture and eating habit, I think every Chinese student like me misses the Chinese food terribly. I have invited my Chinese friends in my American School to come to my house to have a hot pot together several times. It's a pity that we can not make the same one as we had in China, even the one we made cannot be compared with....
So this time, I looked up on the internet and found a recipe for hot pot which looks really good and close to the real Chinese flavor. To my surprise, the spicy sauce and the red soup really reminded me of the hot pot in China, and my friends also enjoyed it very much.
Nevertheless, I still noticed that we were lacking a kind of flavor. And I finally realized it was the atmosphere and the love of our families....
Exploring an unknown world alone, sometimes we lost ourselves on this unfamiliar land. No one will take care of us like our parents do. When I was in China with my parents, I used to complain about their wordy instructs and get mad at them. However, I realized how much I love my parents when I first came to this land without them.
I feel sorry for the way I treated them before. I want to tell them that I do love them and I will let them be proud of being my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment