Thursday, March 22, 2012

'Hunger Games': Why The Movie Beats The Book

Jennifer Lawrence in "The Hunger Games"


Hunger Game is coming! At tomorrow 0 o' clock! What amazing news it is!
Today, everybody in the school is talking about going to see the movie "Hunger Game" at midnight and they are so excited that they can't even wait for couple hours. Which really shocks me is the time they choose to go. I asked them "Don't you have school tomorrow? How can you go to see a movie at midnight since the next day will be a school day!" The answers were almost the same: "I can't wait!"
"Hunger Game" first came out as a novel written by Suzanne Collins. It attracts millions of readers to have desire to learn more about it. That's why the movie is so discussing right now.
The reporter predicted that there will be over 120,000,000 people to watch this movie. But why? Why the movie seems to beat the book?
I am one of the people who haven't read the book but still want to watch the movie. Because a movie gives you more view to let you know what actually is hapening. To me, a lazy reader, the more important part is that it only takes less than three hours while a book will take at leat a month for me to read! However, a lot of crazy readers said that reading gave you more room to imagine and reverie. It has more details than those in the movie.
In my opinion, no matter which one you like better, we should always support a love for the thing that we have a desire to enjoy. We need the passion to live through this colorful world!
I can imagine that the movie theatre will be packed this weekend everywhere just because of the "Hunger Game". I cheer for the crazy followers who have such passion to persue their happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment